Simply Wonderful Squash
Simply Wonderful Squash from the Public Health Cookbook—original source of recipe from the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health, government publication in the public domain
- Cook Time: 30–45 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 winter squash (Butternut, Hubbard or Delicata)
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- Cut squash in half, peel it and remove seeds. Cut into one-inch cubes.
- Place squash into a large pot with 1/2 cup of water. Add the soy sauce and syrup or honey.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat until the squash is fork tender (15–30 minutes.)