Skillet Summer Greens
- 3/4 pound greens (swiss chard, spinach, collards, or beet greens)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 medium cloves garlic minced, or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
1. Coarsely chop the greens (include as much of the stems as possible).
2. Heat the wok or a large heavy pan. Add oil and greens. Stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes over medium heat.
3. Add garlic, and stir-fry for 2 minutes more.
4. Transfer to a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, then toss with 1 tablespoon vinegar, until well mixed. Serve hot, cold, or at room temperature.
- Farmers' Market Recipes by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Department of Agricultural Resources, public domain government resource—original source of recipe