Sopa de Milagros Sencillos
- Dry roast the unpeeled cloves of garlic over low/medium heat on a dry, thick-bottomed skillet for fifteen minutes turning until all sides are slightly charred.
- Roughly chop the sun drieds and roast for a few minutes turning often until browned and smoking.
- Toast almonds on same skillet until golden brown.
- Cut open chile pods, take out seeds and toast on skillet pressing down with back of wooden spoon until chile started to bubble and smoke, flip and repeat.
- Rehydrate the chiles in warm water for ten minutes.
- Add all other ingredients to blender or Cuisineart.
- Add chiles and a little of the water and blend until nearly smooth.
- The soup:.
- In thick-bottomed stew pot, brown the meat in dash of olive oil over med/high heat.
- In the rendered fat, saute the onions until translucent.
- Add chorizo and saute until cooked.
- Add water, bring to a boil, add meat and roasted garlic cloves and reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add potatoes and a few minutes later the squash.
- When potatoes are cooked, add spinach and simmer for a few minutes more.
- Serve in large bowls with grated parmesan and a dollop of sour cream.