Sour Cream Fudge with Walnuts
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes about 1¼ pound
- Yield: 24 Servings
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup walnut halves (optional)
- Butter 8 inch square pan, set aside.
- Lightly butter side of heavy, medium saucepan.
- Combine sour cream, milk, corn syrup, butter and sugar in prepared saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil.
- Wash down sides of pan with pastry brush frequently dipped in hot water to remove sugar crystals.
- Add candy thermometer.
- Continue to cook until mixture reaches the soft-ball stage (238°F).
- Pour into large heat-proof mixer bowl.
- Cool to lukewarm (115°F).
- Add vanilla and beat with heavy duty electric mixer until thick.
- Spread into prepared pans.
- Score fudge into small squares with knife.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into squares.
- Place walnut halves on each piece.
- Store in refrigerator.