South-of-the-Border Watermelon Walla-Walla Sweet Onion Salsa
Fruit of the Month: Watermelon by the US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4
- 2 cups chopped watermelon (seeds removed)
- ¾ cup chopped Walla Walla sweet onion
- ¾ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup chopped seeded jalapeño chilies
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- Stir together all ingredients in bowl.
- Refrigerate, covered at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Stir before serving.