Spaghetti Squash Soup
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 5 cups chopped butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large onion
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Bring 4 cups of vegetable broth to boil.
- Add chopped squash.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until tender, drain.
- In a separate large sauce pan, melt margarine over medium heat.
- Cook onion and red pepper, stirring, 3-5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in Squash and stock, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer partially covered and stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
- In blender or food processor, puree squash mixture in batches until smooth.
- Return to saucepan.
- Stir in rest of water.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Add spices, adjust seasoning to taste.