Spanish Paella I
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup onions, diced
- ½ cup green bell peppers, diced
- 2 chicken breast halves, skinless,boneless,cut into ½ ",strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces smoked sausage (Polska kielbasa)
- ½ lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon saffron (optional)
- 1½ cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Cook rice.
- While rice is cooking, heat oil in skillet and saute the onions and pepper until tender.
- Add chicken and continue to saute until chicken is about half cooked.
- Add remaining ingredients except the tomatoes and garlic.
- Stir and cover.
- Simmer until chicken and shrimp are fully cooked.
- This will only take a few minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and garlic.
- When the rice is fully cooked, mix together and serve.