Spicy Tuna Hand Rolls
Hand rolls are in the winner's circle for sushi lovers because they are so crisp, tasty, and easy to make and eat.
- 1½ teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1½ teaspoons thick, hot chili sauce, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon hot sesame oil (rayu) or to taste
- ¼ pound block sashimi grade raw tuna, diced
- 2 sheets nori, reroasted
- 1 cup prepared sushi rice
- soy sauce
- pickled ginger
- Prepare the spicy mayonnaise by stirring together the mayonnaise, hot chili sauce, and hot sesame oil in a bowl.
- Add the diced tuna to the bowl, turning it over to coat it well. Refrigerate the tuna if you are not using it right away.
- Cut the nori sheets in half, forming 4x7 inch half sheets.
- Place a half sheet of nori in the palm of your left hand, shiny side down.
- Dip your right hand into a bowl of vinegared water and then tap your fingers on a damp towel to remove excess water.
- Place about ¼ cup sushi rice on the nori, toward the top portion of the nori, patting the rice out on a diagonal, from the top area of the nori toward the heel of your palm
- Spoon one-fourth of the spicy tuna mixture onto the rice.
- Fold the bottom left corner of the nori over the fillings and then continue rolling to the right until you have a cone shaped roll. Make 3 more hand rolls, following these instructions.
- Serve immediately with soy sauce as a dipping sauce, and pickled ginger to cleanse the palate.