Squash-based Pizza Sauce
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- Peel and cut squash into small cubes. place in a pot with garlic cloves, cover with water or veg broth.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until squash is extremely tender. drain liquid (reserve about ¼ to ½ cup.)
- Process squash in food processor / hand blender, while adding a little bit of the liquid. Note: don't be too generous with the liquid. if your sauce is too runny, you will end up with a soggy pizza.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- I usually buy pre-made vegan dough from the grocery store and roll it our according to the instructions. Other options would be to make your dough from scratch, or buy a pre-baked crust.
- Use squash-based sauce in place of tomato-based pizza sauce. Add toppings of your choice.