Squash with Peanut
- two to three pounds summer Squash (cut into cubes) or zucchini (sliced)
- three cups shelled roasted peanuts; crushed or coarsely chopped
- salt to taste
- one teaspoon brown sugar or white sugar (optional)
- Heat a spoonful of oil in a large skillet.
- Cook Squash until it begins to become tender, stirring often; about five to ten minutes. (Or cook Squash in one cup of boiling water. Drain excess water before adding peanuts.)
- Squash can be mashed if desired.
- Add peanuts, salt, and Sugar. Reduce heat.
- Simmer until Squash is tender and flavors have mingled, about five minutes. Serve hot.