Stir-fried Beef with Oyster Sauce
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 pound beef steak, julienne
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 slices ginger root, chopped
- 2½ tablespoons oyster sauce
- ¾ teaspoon sugar
- pepper as desired
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 4 tablespoons beef stock
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Cut the beef and rub the pieces with the salt and vegetable oil.
- Prepare the sauce ingredients and chop the ginger.
- Heat the wok and add oil.
- When oil is ready, add the beef, pushing the pieces out so that they cook evenly.
- Turn once.
- Stir-fry until the meat changes color.
- Remove from wok and set aside.
- Add oil and stir-fry the ginger.
- Add the oyster sauce and sugar.
- Make a well in the middle of the wok and add the sauce mixture, stirring to thicken.
- Add the meat, mix quickly, and serve on a heated dish.