- 1 box plain white cake mix
- 1 3oz box strawberry flavoured gelatin
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- Warm oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray/grease baking pan.
- Combine and mix; cake mix, gelatin, oil, strawberries and water to achieve an even consistency.
- Include one egg by beating in well.
- Repeat step 4 until each egg is included in the mixture, well mixed.
- Evenly smooth in the batter to the baking pan.
- Bake for ~40 min, cake is done when a toothpick can be stuck in the center and pulled out clean.
- Leave cake to cool in the pan.
- Finely mix and combine the butter, sugar and strawberries achieveing a smooth consistency.
- Poke holes in cake all over.
- Evenly smooth the icing over the cake.
- Healthy Cooking. Taste of Home. 2009. pp. 28. http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Makeover-Strawberry-Cake.
- Yearwood, Trisha Espe. Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood. Clarkson Potter/Publishers New York. pp. 158. ISBN 978-0-307-46523-8.