Stuffed Vine Leaves in Olive Oil
- Place the vine leaves in boiling water in order to remove their salt.
- Put ½ glass olive oil and chopped onions into a pan and saute over moderate heat while stirring with a wooden spoon, add the washed rice and continue to stir.
- Add water, spice, salt, chopped parsley and dill, black pepper, and pine nuts.
- Pour in ½ glass olive oil and cook gently while still stirring.
- Put aside to cool.
- Cut off the stalks of the leaves and place stalks on the bottom of the pan where the cooking will be done, over these put one layer of vine leaves.
- Place ½ tablespoon of the filling on each leaf, roll and line up in the pan.
- After all the leaves are stuffed, cover the entire surface with a layer of leaves and pour the water, the remaining olive oil and lemon juice over and cook on moderate heat.