Recipe by Kaye Hartley as published in Dec/Jan 95 Taste of Home magazine
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares (1oz ea) melted and cooled
- ½ cup sugar substitute (aspartame sweetener)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, chocolate, sweetener and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into 8-inch square baking pan lined with foil.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into 16 squares.
- Serve chilled.
diabetic exchanges: one serving = 3 fat
- 147 calories | 84 mg sodium | 31 mg cholesterol | 5gm carbohydrate | 3gm protein | 14gm fat