Sugarless Wheat 'n' Fruit Cookies
- Cream the butter, egg and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture a little at a time, to the creamed mixture, beating after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut, dates, orange peel, and ½ cup of the pecans.
- Stir into the cookie mixture.
- Divide the dough in half and form into two logs, approximately 1½ inches in diameter.
- Place the remaining ½ cup of pecans on a piece of waxed paper. Roll the logs in the nuts.
- Wrap each log in waxed paper and chill for 1 hour.
- To bake, slice the logs into ⅛ inch rounds and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned.