- Peel and grate the onions.
- Pare the tomatoes, scoop out the seeds and dice.
- Put margarine and grated onions in a saucepan and saute over moderate heat.
- Add meat and saute with the onions for 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Cover and cook until the meat absorbs the water while stirring occasionally.
- Season with ½ tablespoon black pepper and salt.
- Add the tomatoes or the tomato paste and 2-2½ glasses of hot water, and simmer until the meat is tender.
- Check occasionally for water and add water if necessary.
- Put the butter and flour in a small saucepan, place over moderate heat and saute for 2 minutes making sure that the flour doesn't turn golden.
- Set aside.
- Grill the eggplants on strong coal or gas heat, burning the skins.
- Peel the skins of eggplants and blanch them in a bowl containing lemon juice.
- After blanching for 15 minutes, remove the eggplants from lemon juice and press them with hand to drain.
- Put the eggplants in the flour one by one and blend them well with a fork.
- Place the saucepan on heat, add 1 tablespoon of salt and ⅕ glasses of hot milk, and blend them well by beating rapidly.
- Continue beating until the eggplant mixture becomes a dense paste.
- Add the grated kashar, stir well and remove heat.
- When both the kebab and purée are ready, place puree on serving dish, put the meat decoratively in the middle and serve hot.