Sun-dried Tomato Pasta Salad
This is great summer fare; perfect for a picnic.
- Serves 6
- 6 cups cooked rotini or fusilli pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florettes
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup white onion, minced
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil or cold-pressed essential oil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice or red wine vinegar
- 1 cup whole, sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 whole cloves garlic (or more, to taste)
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the rotini or fusilli.
- Add the broccoli florettes to the pot for the last minute or two of cooking, so that they turn bright green, but stay tender-crisp.
- In a skillet, sauté the mushrooms and onions until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are tender.
- Set aside.
- In blender or food processor, combine remaining ingredients, except the grated carrot and , until smooth.
- Combine the cooked pasta and broccoli, grated carrot, mushrooms and onions and black olives in a large salad bowl.
- Pour the dressing over all and toss well.
- Serve cold.