Swedish Sugar and Salt-cured Salmon
- 2 lbs center cut salmon fillets
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup coarse salt
- 15 coarsely crushed white peppercorns
- 1 bunch dill
- Remove any small bones from the fillets .
- Mix the sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Cover the bottom of a baking dish and rub half of the sugar-salt mixture into the first fillet.
- Cover with ⅓ of dill.
- Cover in plastic wrap.
- Place a cutting board with some heavy weights on top and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Remove from plastic wrap and discard accumulated juices.
- Rewrap and refrigerate another 24 – 48 hours.
- Scrape off the marinade and slice paper thin.