Sweet & Spicy Shrimp
- 1 pound colossal peeled deveined shrimp
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbs Sriracha
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs Sriracha
- 5 tbs unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbs grated ginger
- 2 1/2 quarts peanut oil
- Dredge shrimp into flour then dip into cornmeal. Set aside 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a deep-fryer or a pot to 375 degrees. Add shrimp and fry until golden brown. Drain on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining ingredients in a large saucepan over medium high heat to boiling. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Serve immediately.