Sweet Potato Marshmallow Delights
Purchased from Zimmerman Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1989. This recipe indicates it came from an old community cookbook published in 1956. Unfortunately, doesn’t give the name of that cookbook. I made these and didn’t care for them, but had reviews from my supper club and gave the recipe to 14 different people, so must just be me.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 2 cups cold mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons butter melted, divided
- 6 large marshmallows
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix sweet potatoes with the salt, pepper, nutmeg and 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Divide the mixture into 6 portions and form each into a flat circle.
- Place 1 marshmallow in the center of each circle and then fold the potato mixture up around the marshmallows.
- Mix crushed cereal with the remaining melted butter.
- Roll the balls in the cereal and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake until browned but not long enough to melt the marshmallows.
- Serve hot.