Sweet and Sour Potato Salad
Yield: about 2¼ cups
- 16 medium potatoes
- 5 eggs, hard-cooked, chopped
- 2½ cups pickles, sweet, chopped
- 2 tsp celery seeds
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- parsley sprigs, optional
- Peel and quarter potatoes; cook in a dutch oven in boiling salted water to cover until done.
- Drain and cool.
- Cube potatoes; add eggs, pickles, celery seeds, mustard, salt, pepper, and dressing.
- Stir gently.
- Refrigerate 24 hours.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs before serving, if desired.
- Place egg yolks and sugar in a small saucepan; gradually add vinegar, mixing well.
- Add butter and place over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat, and chill.
- Add mayonnaise, and mix well.