Swiss Chard in Cream Sauce
- 25 g / 1 oz butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into julienne strips
- 1 medium potato, cut into 12 mm / ½-inch cubes
- 450 g / 1 lb Swiss chard, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp double cream
- Heat the butter in a saucepan add the onion, carrot, and potato and sauté for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Add the chard to the saucepan, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cover and simmer over very low heat for about 10 minutes or until the chard is tender.
- Stir in the cream and continue simmer gently, uncovered, for a few minutes longer.
- Serve immediately.