Taiwanese-style Meatballs with Iceberg Lettuce and Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Place the beef, ginger, garlic, coriander, spring onion, rice wine, pepper, sesame oil, soy sauce, salt, sugar, chilli and egg yolk in a bowl.
- Mix together and shape into small meatballs.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or saucepan.
- Fry the meatballs in batches until cooked through and browned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain the meatballs on kitchen paper.
- Wrap each one in an iceberg lettuce leaf, securing with a toothpick, and serve either with sweet chilli sauce or coconut noodles.