The Best Banana Bread
This is great the second day and freezes great, too. If you have enough bananas make two and freeze one.
- 3 large bananas (enough to mash 1 cup)
- 1 cup sugar
- replacement for 1 egg (can be 2 egg whites or one egg white and ⅓ cup non-fat yogurt if you use those things)
- 4 tbsp applesauce (baby applesauce is best, but any other is fine)
- 1½ cups flour (i use ½ whole wheat usually)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- With a mixer, beat the mashed bananas with the sugar.
- Add the egg replacer and applesauce and beat again.
- In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- Add this to the banana mixture and stir with a spoon until the dry stuff is all moistened.
- Not too much stirring! pour batter into a loaf pan (about 5 x 9 inches, preferably non-stick or you can spray with Baker's Secret for a split second and spread with a paper towel).
- Bake at 325°F (be sure to preheat first) for about 55 minutes.