Tropical Snack Cake
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- 12 Servings
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar or 2 tablespoons heat-stable sugar substitute equal to
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 x 8-ounce can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- ½ cup fat-free milk
- ⅓ cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 medium)
- ¼ cup egg substitute or 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 8 x 8-inch square pan.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar or sweetener, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine pineapple (including juice), milk, banana, egg substitute, oil and vanilla; blend well.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (do not overmix)
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Store tightly covered.
Per serving (1/12 of recipe made with granulated sugar or Sweet One and without salt):
- Calories From Fat 25 | Total Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat 0.5g | Cholesterol: 0g | Sodium: 250mg | Fiber: 1g | Protein 4g
- with granulated sugar: 140
- with Sweet One: 130
- with granulated sugar: 26g
- with Sweet One: 22g
- with granulated sugar: 9g
- with Sweet One: 5g
- with granulated sugar: 1 starch | ½ fat | ½ fruit
- with sweet one: 1 starch | ½ fat | ½ fruit