Tuna Cashew Salad
Makes 6 servings
- 3 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 2 x 6½-ounce cans tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ⅓ cup chopped roasted cashew nuts
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- lettuce leaves (optional)
- Combine rice, tuna, celery, cashews, onion and capers in large bowl.
- Blend mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry and salt; toss with rice mixture.
- Or chill salad and dressing separately and serve salad topped with dressing.
- Serve on lettuce leaves, if desired.