- 4 Servings
- 1 pound ground lean turkey
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup white wine
- pinch red (cayenne) pepper
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- In a large non-stick skillet, brown the turkey, about 10 minutes.
- Drain, remove from pan and keep warm.
- Heat oil in skillet and cook onion and garlic until softened.
- Add mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Stir in arrowroot, broth, and wine and bring to a simmer.
- Stir until sauce thickens.
- Add salt, pepper and poppy seeds.
- Return turkey to skillet and simmer, stirring, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in yogurt.
Per serving (¼ of recipe):
- Cals: 320 | Fat: 17 g | Chol: 65 mg | Carb: 12 g | Protein: 24 g | Sod: 241 mg
- Diabetic Exchanges: 3 Meat, 2 Vegetable
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/