Satisfy your senses with this simple yet elegant Tuscan specialty. Fresh-cut rosemary fills the air with its delightful piney aroma, while the sizzle of balsamic-infused rib eyes fills your ears with a delicious crackle. The fruity olive oil, crushed garlic, salt and pepper flavor these succulent grilled steaks to perfection. Deliziosa!
- ¼ cup tightly packed fresh rosemary leaves
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large or 2 small cloves garlic, crushed
- sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 boneless rib eye steaks, about ¾ -pound each
- In a blender, pulverize the rosemary, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour half the marinade on top of the steaks, turn, and coat the other side with remaining marinade.
- Allow the steaks to rest for anywhere from 2 hours to overnight.
- When ready to cook, prepare the grill.
- Allow some of the excess marinade to drip off the steaks.
- Grill about 6 to 9 minutes per side, or until steaks are cooked to your liking.
Per serving (6.5 oz-wt.):
- 650 calories (430 from fat) | 48g total fat | 12g saturated fat | 0g dietary fiber | 48g protein | 3g carbohydrate | 135mg cholesterol | 200mg sodium
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/