Ukrainian Christmas Kutya
- In a medium pot, combine wheat kernels and milk.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 3 hours.
- Add more liquid as necessary to keep kernels covered.
- Scald the poppy seeds with boiling water, drain, and add lukewarm water to cover.
- Soak 30 minutes, drain and grind in a food processor.
- Set aside.
- Drain water from Wheat kernels and keep ½ cup of the liquid.
- Add the honey to the liquid and mix well.
- Mix kernels, honey, ground poppy seeds, almonds, apricots, raisins, and salt.
- Bake in a 2-quart casserole dish, uncovered, at 325 °F for 20 minutes.