Warm Fruit Soup - Serves 6
- ½ cup dried pears
- ½ cup dried peaches
- ½ cup dried apricots
- ½ cup dried prunes
- ½ cup dried apples
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup tapioca
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 stick cinnamon
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 drops oil of cloves 
- ½ cup grape jelly
- Soak dried fruits in separate bowls over night, using 1½ cups of water for each variety of fruit.
- Drain the fruit, saving all the juices.
- Cut soaked fruit into small pieces.
- Simmer the fruit in the fruit juices until soft.
- Drain again and into the juice put the tapioca, sugar, the 2 cups of water and the stick of cinnamon.
- Let boil until the tapioca is clear, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice, oil of cloves and the jelly.
- Cook until the jelly dissolves.
- Add the fruits and heat through.
- Try a well-stocked drugstore instead of a grocery store for oil of cloves.