Vegetarian Eight Treasures
- Soak the dried mushrooms until they have softened.
- If desired, save the soaking liquid to use in place of water in the seasoning.
- Wash and dice the string beans, gluten ball and spicy pressed bean curd.
- Wash and dice the carrot, water chestnuts and red chile.
- Peel the garlic and shallot and chop finely.
- Mix together the seasoning ingredients in a bowl.
- Boil the peanuts in boiling water for about 2 minutes.
- Peel the skin and set aside.
- Heat the wok and add oil for deep-frying.
- When oil is ready, deep-fry the peanuts on high heat until they are golden brown.
- Remove and set aside.
- Repeat with the gluten ball.
- Parboil the carrots and string beans for 1 minute.
- Heat wok and add oil.
- When oil is ready, add the garlic, shallot and hot bean paste.
- Add all the other ingredients except for the peanuts.
- Stir-fry until they are cooked, then add the rice wine and seasoning.
- Turn off the heat, mix in the peanuts, and serve.