Vegetarian Satays with Asian Pesto
- Prepare a hot grill.
- Skewer the slices individually.
- The shiitakes should have a scallion on each side.
- Lightly oil and season the satays and on a hot grill, mark and criss-cross both sides, about 4 to 5 minutes total.
- In a food processor, add 2 cups peanuts, shallots, garlic, chiles, kaffir, and lemon grass and puree smooth.
- Add sugar, lime juice and season.
- Drizzle in remaining oil then add the herbs.
- Check for seasoning.
- Lay a bed of peanuts on a large plate.
- Serve the pesto in a bowl and surround with satays.
- Garnish with extra kaffir leaves or lemongrass.