Venison Cheese Ball Soup
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Steep Estate in Elmo, Texas in 1989. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 28 ounce can whole tomatoes mashed
- 18 ounces tomato juice
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 15 ounce can pinto beans
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon thyme leaves
- ½ cup finely rolled saltine cracker crumbs
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- Brown meat in margarine and set aside to cool.
- Place onion, garlic,tomatoes, tomato juice, tomato sauce, beans, worcestershire, basil and pepper in large covered kettle.
- Bring to a boil then cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Combine eggs, Parmesan, thyme, crackers and browned venison.
- Mix well then shape into 1-inch balls.
- When soup has simmered for 30 minutes stir in cabbage and drop in venison cheese balls.
- Cover and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group