Watermelon Salsa   a summer special with lots of colour and flavour.
- 1 1/2 tsp lime zest (from one lime)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 3 limes)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 3 cups seeded and finely chopped watermelon
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- tortilla or pita chips
- Combine and mix; lime zest, lime juice, sugar and pepper.
- Combine; watermelon, cucumber, jalapeno, onion, basil by tossing.
- Pour the juice over the fruit & veg mixture and gently toss.
- Chill salsa until ready to eat.
- Add garlic salt just before serving with Tortilla chips.