Wilton Chocolate Buttercream Icing
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Yield: 3 cups
- 1 tbsp clear vanilla extract 
- 4 tbsp water
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup butter
- 3 oz melted bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tbsp Wilton meringue powder 
- 1 lb sifted powdered sugar (approx 4 cups)
- Sift the powdered sugar and meringue powder into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Cream shortening, butter, flavorings and water.
- Gradually add sifted dry ingredients and mix on medium speed until all ingredients have been thoroughly mixed together.
- Blend an additional minute or so until creamy.