Yellow Cake and Fluffy Frosting
- Place dry ingredients in mixer bowl and mix at low speed to blend well. Combine ¾ cup water, oil, sweetener,vanilla and egg substitute and mix with fork to blend.
- Add margarine to flour mixture along with liquid mixture and mix with a spoon only until well blended.
- Spread evenly in a 9" square pan which has been greased with margarine.
- Bake 30 – 35 minutes at 375°F or until cake tester comes out clean and the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool to room temperature and cut 4x4 to yield 16 equal servings.
- Combine sugar, water, Sweet'n'Low, egg whites and cream of tartar in top of a double boiler and beat at high speed for 1 minute.
- Set over simmering water in the bottom of the double boiler.
- Continue to beat at high speed for 4 – 5 minutes or until soft peaks form.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla to frosting and continue to beat at high speed 1 – 2 minutes or until thick enough to spread on a cooled cake.
- This is enough frosting for a 2-layer or 9" square cake.