Yemen Beef Fatah
- ¼ cup oil
- 4 medium onions, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 3 lbs beef, in thin, 1-inch strips
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- ½ tsp allspice
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1½ cups couscous, cooked according to package directions
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil, and sauté the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent.
- Add the beef, and sauté the meat, stirring it often, just to brown the strips on all sides.
- Stir in the broth, oregano, cumin, coriander, allspice, salt, and pepper, and cook the mixture a few minutes longer.
- Serve the meat mixture, over the hot couscous.