Zucchini Pancakes topped with Diced Tomatoes
- Place the tomatoes in a colander over the sink and strain the juices.
- Set aside.
- Grate the zucchini and onion.
- Roll up in a hand towel and squeeze out the excess moisture. This step is important — otherwise the pancakes won't be the right consistency.
- In a big bowl, combine the zucchini and onion with garlic, salt, fresh mint or basil, nutmeg, cheese, eggs, flour, salt and pepper.
- Mix to combine.
- In a heavy-bottomed skillet, heat oil on high heat.
- Drop ¼ cup of the zucchini batter in the hot oil. Flatten if needed.
- Let the pancake completely brown on one side before flipping to brown the other.
- Remove and place on paper towels to blot dry.
- Remove tomatoes from the colander.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the zucchini pancakes topped with tomatoes.
- Calories 120 | Fat 6 g | Carbs 12 g | Sodium 650 mg | Fiber 3 g
- WW Points 2