- Mix the berries and sugar together and let sit for about 4 hours.
- This helps make the berries juicy.
- To make biscuits:.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the cold butter, then mix (preferably with a paddle attachment) until you have a cornmeal texture.
- Add ¾ cup of the milk, vanilla and orange zest and mix until completely combined (to zest an orange, use a zester, paring knife or vegetable peeler to remove only the colored part of the skin).
- Roll out the dough (if desired, roll it out a second time) and cut into circles.
- Place on a baking sheet, brush the tops with remaining milk, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 10–15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Slice the biscuits in half and place on plates.
- Spoon some of the berry mixture on the bottom half and top with a dollop of fat-free whipped cream.
- Cover with the top half of the biscuit and add some more berries and whipped cream.