This butter sauce is the richer version of the Botersaus. It goes well with fish, chicory, eggs, asparagus, endives or spinach and garden peas.
- Melt the butter in a clean, smooth pan.
- Add the flour and mix the flour and butter to a white mass.
- Then add the boiling water or fish stock in small amounts, stirring well and in between bringing the sauce back to the boil.
- Then leave to boil for 10 minutes and season with salt.
- Take the sauce off the heat and add in the rest of the butter in small pieces.