Butter Lettuce with Shallot Dressing
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: my old recipes
- Serves 6
- ½ lb butter lettuce (2 small heads)
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp minced shallots
- ¼ tbsp salt
- 7 tbsp oil
- red-leaf lettuce leaves
- Arrange 3 to 4 red leaf lettuce leaves on each of 6 plates.
- Separate butter lettuce into individual leaves and distribute on each plate.
- Mix vinegar, mustard, shallots, salt and oil.
- Blend well.
- Spoon dressing equally over each salad.