- In medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add green onions and mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In food processor or blender, combine garlic, chickpeas and reserved chickpea liquid and process until smooth.
- Transfer to large bowl and combine with mushroom mixture.
- In food processor or blender, process sunflower seeds to make a coarse meal.
- Add to chickpea mixture along with curry powder; mix well.
- Stir in egg whites or bread crumbs (mixture will be soft).
- On a large baking sheet, make 8 beds of sesame seeds for patties.
- Shape burger mixture into 8 patties and place on seeds.
- Flip to coat both sides generously.
- Grill patties on a well-oiled vegetable grill or broil 4 inches from heat source, 3 to 4 minutes on each side until browned.
- Serve right away.