- Wash and soak the urad dal in cold water overnight.
- Next day, strain and grind to a smooth paste.
- Whisk into the batter salt, red chilli powder and raisins.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Drop tablespoons of batter in it and fry until light golden.
- Remove, drain on absorbent paper.
- Put the bhallas in hot water. Leave for 2 minutes.
- Drain, squeezing out the water between the palm of your hands.
- Whisk the yoghurt well with kala namak and salt to taste.
- To serve, place the bhallas on a plate and cover with yoghurt.
- Drizzle Mint Chutney and Tamarind Chutney.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder, cumin powder.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, ginger and green chilli.