Exotic Fruit Sushi
- Rinse rice well under cold running water, drain and place in a saucepan with 1¼ cups water.
- Pour in ¾ cup coconut milk.
- Cook over very low heat for 25 minutes, stirring often and gradually adding remaining coconut milk, until rice has absorbed all the liquid and is tender.
- Grease a shallow 7 inch pan, line with plastic wrap.
- Stir 2 tbsp.
- sugar into rice mixture and pour it into prepared pan.
- Cool and chill overnight.
- Cut rice into 16 small bars, shape into ovals and flatten tops.
- Place on baking sheet lined with baking parchment.
- Arrange the sliced fruit on top, using one type of fruit for each piece of sushi.
- Place remaining sugar in a small pan with the remaining ¼ cup water.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer until thick and syrupy.
- Stir in; the jam and cool slightly.
- To make sauce, puree raspberries with the confectioners sugar in a food processor or blender.
- Press through a strainer, then divide among four small bowls.
- Arrange a few of each type of fruit sushi on each plate and spoon a little of the cool apricot syrup over.
- Serve with the sauce.