Orange Pound Cake
orange Pound Cake
Yield: 1 Cake
Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees F. Cream butter UntilLight And Fluffy.
Gradually Add Sifted sugar And Rind. Cream
Thoroughly. Add eggs, One at a
Time, Mixing Well After Each Addition.
Sift The flour Before Measuring, Then Combine TheDry Ingredients.
Gradually Add Sifted Dry Ingredients to butter
Mixture. Add orange juice
And Combine Thoroughly.
Turn Into Buttered And Floured 10-Inch Tube Pan.
Bake at 350 Degrees F.
For 50-60 Minutes or Until Toothpick Inserted In
Center Comes Out Clean And
Cake is Golden Brown. Cool For 5 Minutes. Turn OntoWire Rack And Cool
Thoroughly. Brush With Jam And Top With orange
- a Luscious orange-Flavored Pound Cake—Absolutely The Best Cake i Have
Ever Eaten! i Got The Recipe From The Mother of aFriend. i Think Don's
Mom Got The Recipe Off The Back of a sugar Box.
- if You Try to Make a Pound Cake With margarine
Or shortening You Will
End up With a Tasteless Mess. butter is The MajorTaste in a Pound Cake;
Different Properties In
Baking, And This Recipe is Adjusted For butter.
- Don't Make This Cake if You Don't Have An
Electric Mixer or Very Strong
Wrists. i Figure i Spend Nearly Half an Hour
Beating butter And Such When
i Make This Cake. Also, This Cake is Easier To
Handle if You Have a Tube
Pan That Comes Apart Into Two Pieces.
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate.
- Time: 30-40 Minutes Preparation, 1 Hour Baking.
- Precision: Measure The Ingredients.
(i've Never Made This Cake; my Step-Son Sent me The Recipe. it Sounds Good to Me, Though. Good Luck, if You Try This. i Think i Will.
contributed by "World Recipes Y-Group" 
- "World Recipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/World_Recipes