Pasta Salad Niçoise
The following recipe meets the "5 A Day for Better Health" program criteria. This means that this recipe does not exceed the following: 30% of calories from fat; 10% of calories from saturated fat; 100 mg cholesterol and 360 mg sodium per serving.
This makes a nice lunch menu with fresh fruit and a whole wheat roll. This is also a good salad recipe for a picnic lunch.
- ¼ cup fat-free Italian dressing
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves minced fresh garlic
- 5 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cooked and drained rotini pasta
- 1 can (6 oz) drained water-packed tuna
- ¾ cup diced fresh tomato
- ½ diced California avocado
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- 4 leaves green-leaf lettuce
- 2 large sliced black olives