Quick Skewered Chicken with Peanut Sauce
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, each cut lengthwise into 3 strips
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- Whisk together lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce and crushed red pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place chicken strips in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Process the garlic, cilantro and brown sugar in a food processor until cilantro is finely chopped; pulse in 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce mixture.
- Add to chicken; toss to mix.
- Combine remaining soy sauce mixture and peanut butter in the same food processor bowl; puree, adding water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to reach a thick consistency.
- Transfer to small serving bowl.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium high; thread chicken on 12 skewers.
- Grill, turning once until cooked through and browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Serve with fish sauce for dipping.