Rhubarb and Ginger Cobbler
- Slightly soften fruit in water and brown sugar. Transfer to casserole dish, leave to cool.
- Sieve together flours, salt and ground ginger. Rub fat into flour until it resembles breadcrumbs, stir in Sugar.
- Add beaten egg and enough milk to give soft dough.
- Turn onto floured board and knead lightly.
- Roll out to 1cm (1/4 in) thickness and cut into rounds using 5cm (2in) cutter.
- Arrange scones on top of fruit overlapping slightly. Brush with little milk to glaze.
- Bake: Conventional Oven preheated, 190C 30-35 mins (Gas Oven preheat Mark 5 shelf 2 30 mins)