Squid and Mango Salad
- Prepare the squid by gripping the body with one hand and the head and tentacles with the other.
- Pull apart firmly.
- Cut the tentacles away from the head, wash and finely chop 4 of them, reserving the remainder for another recipe.
- Discard the head, entrails and ink sac.
- Wash the bodies thoroughly, both inside and out, in cold running water, dry on kitchen paper then cut into bite size pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lime juice water, sugar, sauce and chili pepper.
- Set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, add the squid, bring back to the boil and cook, stirring for 2–3 minutes.
- Do not overcook.
- Drain the squid in a colander then place in a serving bowl together with the mango, capsicum and onion.
- Add the prepared lime juice mixture together with the mint and peanuts and mix well.
- Serve immediately as a starter or salad to accompany main dishes.